HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Change for the Better
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 07:18 PM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Lanse couche couche
Germain,

The only problem with all those "no deer" stories floating around is that lots of the folks telling those stories eventually trip up and later admit that they filled their tag. Have had that happen a number of times when the most radical no deer folks on here later just happened to casually let it drop that they had taken nice bucks or passed on opportunities to take nice buck, does, etc in areas that they had earlier described as wastes of time to hunt.
i passed up a few doe this season.worst season in years on seeing deer.wmu2g can hold 11 dpsm.yet we have miles with no deer or max of 3 dpsm in clinton county.
thats all we are asking that they go by what they said our area can hold, 11 deer dpsm.
i have folks that say they buy doe tag and dont use it,yet they do but lanse they work VERY HARD to fill it.like weeks of hunting.others dont use tag like me.

read back where i said 5 crews drove my hunting area and shot 1 doe.some had 20 hunters in crew.some already had doe from another county and came here to kill doe that are left.
if i wanted a doe,I COULD KILL ONE IN CLINTON COUNTY but its not just walking out and sitting down to get one. its very hard and takes a lot of time in woods and being lucky helps.

but killing off those few doe is not something that i will ever do.