HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting products Made in USA Question
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 06:55 PM
kole22
Spike

I agree totally. I will say this from years of experience, not many product that are made here are over priced(excluding the auto industry or union plants). They cant be because so much of their competition is made else were. They are just trying to compete. We are just used to paying china prices. I saw a bicycle in academy the other day that cost $69.00. You cant even by the chain and bearings made here for that amount. THe big box stores have gotten us used to paying nothing for things. Granted most of it is our fault because we let them.
I will end with this little story. Quite a few years ago I was working a show and a (UAW) union guy was beating me up about the price of a stand we built. He said it was $40 more than one of our competitors(they had an office with 10 or so employees shipped container straight to box stores & never touched them). We had 75 to 100 employees, bought all material here and built them here. He didnt seem to care until I told him what "if i bought a KIA". Moral of the story is no seems to give a damn until it hits their wallet