HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - hunter invaded spot.. need advice
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 04:02 PM
nwtrykon87
Fork Horn

Default hunter invaded spot.. need advice

hey everyone..i got a bit of a dilemma. i hunt on 80 acres of my families property which is next to a creek bottom and horse pasture. my problem is.. i have been scouting this group of birds for a week now.. and every night they roost in the creek bottom and fly directly from the trees to the horse pasture and walk onto our property ...only about a total of 80 yards ... my problem is that the owners of the horse pasture just gave permission to a guy.. who will be hunting the horse pasture directly in line where my property is. so NOW the bird have to cross him to get too me. i called the guy and talked to him about where he is setting up and he said he is setting up right on the prop. lines. and i said i will be hunting there and he basically said ..well thats tuff sh!t. is there a way to move the birds to a different roosting area ( like scarying them) all the surrounding property is mine minus the horse pasture.. or is it possible to bring them from the roost in a different direction