HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team #1 Last Gobble - 2009 Champions
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 05:07 PM
doall hunter
Fork Horn

Well, Went out Sunday and had a great day. But didn't get one. On the way to our place we decided to split up.I went to the south part of the of the property and he went to the east side (roughly). Early didnt hear anything so I get up in a box stand just to start. Just as I sit down, GOBBLE GOBBLE. Right behind me, good, good. Turns out I only hear 3, thats low considering grandpa has seen 40 gobbblers at once. They shutup at daylight and I think, "Well then I guess I am going to do some walking today." I look up to my right and bam there is one heading straight for my dekes at 150 to 100 to 80. Trying to get my gun up slowly I am thinking finally, I just know it will work out. He gets to 80 yds turns around and walks back to about 150. Um okay thats not suppose to happen. Hen walks out, but he seems to not pay to much attention to her. Well he walks out to atleast 400 yds and struts for about 30 minutes. After he walks into the woods I wait 15 minutes. Get out and start to get my dekes lokk up and there he is again. I hit the deck and miracoulsy do not spook him. He walks into a place that I know well. I sneak up and there the hen is. I dont think I spooked her so I'm okay. Look around the corner and there he is in his pride and glory right smack in the middle of the field. He walks to off and I fiqure he is in the woods and is going down a ridge. So 20 mins later I walk into the field and.. wingbeats. AHHHHH. Turns out he decided to camp out in the weeds and the let me spook him. That stinks. Nothing the rest of the dayand nothing to show. And again I say better luck next weekend.

Last edited by doall hunter; 04-19-2010 at 05:10 PM.