HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tricks for accuracy on a Rem 700?
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 08:50 AM
Pawildman
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dylan_b
the dollar bill thing isnt enough in most cases. about 2 years ago i was able to watch some testing being conducted on barrel harmonics and some interesting things came up in the slow motion video. to make a long story short, barrels vibrate ALOT more then most think and for thinner contoured barrels 1/16 to 1/8 clearance is needed depending on the caliber. and supporting the barrel does reduce the distance in the nodes of the vibration wave but it will increase the frequency so there is a chance that a load that might have worked in your gun might not be the most accurate anymore
...........Well, once again, after writing a fairly long rely to this thread, I was told I didn't have permission to post. Happens EVERY TIME I write something over a couple paragraphs long.
.......Just really getting sick of this happening. SOOOO disgusting!! Had to go back and re-register (login) just to enter this post. Funny thing is, it recognizes me when I log in initially. I'm just at a loss...............

Last edited by Pawildman; 04-11-2010 at 08:54 AM.