HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Converting to a String Loop/speed
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 06:54 AM
krabbiepatty
Fork Horn

Default Converting to a String Loop/speed

I currently just clip my release right to my bowstring but I want to go to a string loop. I have been shooting some 3D tourneys and want every edge I can get. I am also trying to pick up some speed on my XT. Currently I shoot a 350 Maxima that is 29 1/2" long with a 100 gr field pt. I have a 30" drawlength on my bow. The poundage on my bow is set at 62lbs. I shot through a chronograph last sat and was shooting 256fps. I want to get in the 280s as the max for my shooting class is 288fps. So what I would like to know is can I add a string loop and still shoot my drawlength comfortably. The bow fits me like a glove now so I may have to buy a 29 1/2" cam but I really want to save that $80 if possible. I am also thinking of buying some Maxima 3D selects and turning my bow up to try and gain some speed. I could probably cut off an inch or so off of my arrow and go to a 75 gr field pt also to gain some speed. I am also shooting a whisker biscuit (which i love for hunting) but am considering buying a drop away for shooting 3D. Any suggestions you guys can think of. What i REALLY want is a new Z7 but Im really trying not to spend that much right now LOL....