HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rifle Hunts?
Thread: Rifle Hunts?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 10:49 AM
turkey guide
Fork Horn

Huntnteen gets it! Good! finally informed discussion on a sport that exists whether anyone knew it or not. Turkey hunting with rifles should be safer than deer hunting with rifles, simply because a man in blaze orange is much more visible and harder to mistake for a turkey than a deer. Even if you are totally color blind, the size difference should give you a hint. As for the Guy being shot from a tree while wearing blaze orange, it was deer season, in Missori I believe, and we're just talking about an idiot in low light conditions trying to shoot a turkey. He was breaking many laws, and thats why that accident happened. Anyway thanks to those who actually provided info without slamming a sport that exists. And to those who wouldn't make the change if it were offered, no problem, stick with what you like, just don't knock what others want. I like the challenges of turkey hunting too, thats what I do, but I'm open minded enough to try new things within the law. Another thought is this, not everyone who hunts, hunts for challenge, or sport or a trophy for their wall. Their is still a much larger segment of folks than most would believe, who hunt for survival, and are not playing games. I think we need to get to know those people and how they live, want to understant the survival hunting our ancestors did and especially how it works in the 21st century.