HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rifle Hunts?
Thread: Rifle Hunts?
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 10:36 PM
ek_buckmaster
Fork Horn

Im going to have to say that rifle hunting turkeys shouldn't be allowed. First of all it takes away half of the challenge. In my opinion, i have more fun going out and attempting to call a bird in and see how close i can get it. Also its way more dangerous with a rilfe. The point Adrian was making with the gentleman being shot was the fact that the person thought the decoys were real, failed to check the surrounding area, and ended up killing an innocent man. At 100+ yards, even looking through a scope, it is hard to see what is behind the animal. Chances are if your about to take the shot, your not going to be checking every inch of the background for someone who is in full camo trying to be out of sight from everything. And even if you do check the entire background you may make a mistake and overlook someone in the background. IMHO one person getting shot and killed is one too many. In the case of the 6 people being shot in Texas, thats 6 families that are now without their loved ones. I dont care how many tags were sold, 6 people is too much. Rifle hunting turkeys and shooting birds off the roost is not for me.