HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is Martin Cheetah really 3.4lbs?
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 10:30 AM
go4dux
Spike

Default weight of Cheetah

I weighed the Cheetah and the answer is 3lbs 15oz. It came from the factory with the CCS and STS and those items are included in the weight. I weighed the STS and it is only 1.5oz so I don't know how Martin came up with 3.4lb number. Maybe if you took off the strings, cables and cams you could get down to 3.4lbs.

On a positive note, the bow shoots great and I think the speed number is legit. I'm getting 278fps at 67lbs w/ 28" draw and 384gr arrows. When I work that back to standard 70lbs, 30" draw, 350gr arrow IBO specs I calculate that to equal 320fps IBO.

Bows is pretty quiet, vibration isn't a problem, draw cycle is wonderful, holds nice and steady on the target, nice compact size, looks cool. Heck of a value if you can keep it from eating strings and cables. I've got the serving of a cable getting eaten down where it rolls over the steep angle of the cam. The local bow shop thinks it may just be that the serving wasn't applied with enough pressure so they are going to re-serve it and we'll see how it turns out. If that takes care of it I'm a happy camper even with the "exageration" of the bow weight.