HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Article on Bass Repellents
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 07:00 AM
Gangly
Nontypical Buck

I tend to agree Chuck. If a bass is hungry, it wont generally wait too long before satisfying his hunger. And on days where you catch 10 within 30 minutes, I find it hard to believe that they are all hungry at the same time . I think most of them are reaction strikes as well, its just getting them to hold on long enough after the strike that's the problem

I have also noticed, that when I am really hot on them, a lot of the hooksets are in the lips or close to the front of the mouth. However, when it is a day that I catch them few and far between, the hooks are generally really deep in their mouths. I think this could be a result of what we are talking about. Basically, when i catch them few and far between, its the hungry ones that I am catching, and they are ahnialating the lure. But when I am catching them like crazy, the bass are generally short striking the lure and its rarely a deep hookset, which I think might be a result of them just reacting instead of being hungry and swallowing it deep. Who knows, I could be WAY off on that, just a guess.