HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?
Old 03-25-2010, 06:08 PM
BigBuck95
Typical Buck

Thumbs down

To me, hunting baited deer is like shooting fish in a barrel. When you have a source of food, something they genuinly need to survive, and you decide to put hunt over that, after YOU have supplied that food....to me that's not hunting thats shooting I have NO PROBLEM with hunting near/around/on food plots of things like BioLogic. What I am talking about is putting out a corn feeder and putting a stand ten yards from it, or putting a pile of acorns on the ground twenty yards from your stand and shooting them when they come in to feed. If you want to put mineral blocks out in the summer, that's fine, but they should be gone a month before any season starts so that they know and don't have that knowledge that it's still there.
To me, there is also another element to this beast: the matter of ethics. Remember back to the last deer you shot.....Remember the excitement at knowing that it had been man vs. animal and you had figured out their NATURAL patterns and had been able to get one? I don't think that same feeling can be achieved when you are simply shooting them and you KNOW they will come in.....
And maybe it's just my views on things.... I am a very ethical hunter and I hate when I see corn feeders in the middle of the woods. If you want to get a deer, scout, put out trail cameras and take walks in the area you intend to hunt before season starts like everyone else. Remember, THIS IS WHY IT'S CALLED "HUNTING" NOT "SHOOTING" OR "MINDLESS KILLING"
Thank you for hearing out my rant......

BigBuck95

Last edited by BigBuck95; 03-25-2010 at 06:12 PM.