HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pa Birds Gobbling
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 07:08 AM
Screamin Steel
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by 4evrhtn
I always see guys parked along a rural road in my area-(Clarks Valley Road) when I am on my way to work. They are standing along the road with a box call in hand hammering like hell at a bird to get him to gobble a hundred times and then get busted by him if he is dumb enough to come into it. Those birds get an education quick from these morons who should spend more time on sites like this learning instead of screwing up areas for everyone else.
LOL I know where you are at exactly...in fact I've killed a bird or two up there in Clarks valley. Beautiful area, chance I may hit it again this spring just for old times sake.. Nothing like fools educating all the gobblers near the road. I see it everywhere I go these days. I'd love to see the PGC make it illegal to call before season as it is in some other states. If you have to provoke them to gobble, for heaven's sake use a crow or owl call. Not that I'm completely innocent, but I've abandoned the practice and I wish everyone would. At this time of year they are hammerin on their own anyway. No reason to be hen calling to them. It's just not necessary, and does no good whatsoever.