HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Checking cam lean with an arrow
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 04:54 PM
BGfisher
Nontypical Buck

OK, so now a couple guys have explained what you are looking for. Now I'll go into a little more detail.

You can use this method to check for possible cam lean, which is actually the limb tips being twisted by the cable(s) being pulled to the side by the cable guard/slide.

As Swamp Collie explained you can add or subtract twists to the appropriate yoke of the cable---assuming you have cables with a static yoke. This also only applies to true dual cam bows or the idler wheel on a single cam bow----either with a split static yoked cable.

On a single cam bow there is nothing you can do to straighten out the bottom cam as there is no split yoke to adjust. The same can be said for bows with binary cams.

Bows with a floating yoke, like Hoyt, can be adjusted, but will always recenter themselves when shot because they have what is called a floating yoke. Some will serve the yoke very tightly to make it a static yoke, but the best way is to replace the cables, IMO.

This may not be the most cmplete explanation, and I'm sure some will add to it or correct me if I'm wrong.