HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is bowhunting "all" (or mostly) about the challenge, to you?
Old 03-16-2010, 09:21 AM
Schultzy
Giant Nontypical

Good bunch of post's here everyone!!

To me there's no quieter time In the woods then bowhunting. A person can learn so much just sitting there listening and enjoying what mother nature throws at ya.

As for the challenge In bowhunting. There's a few different ways one could go about this. I'll use whitetails for an example. You could up your challenge with the type of buck your after- whether your going for age, more Inches, or up and close hunting (20 to 30 yard max). You could also make It more challenging by what choice of bow you shoot. I myself go the traditional route and no doubt It ups the challenge and besides I'm not a fan of the high tech stuff so the traditional route Is better for me anyway. Everything I listed Is pretty much the way I bow hunt. It's up and close hunting and at the same time I'm trying to shoot some of the better bucks that are In the area. Doesn't pan out too often but that's the challenge and one I enjoy (most of the time).

All In all It's a little bit of everything for me.