HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - is whisker biscuit a good choice
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2003, 04:08 PM
Arthur P
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: is whisker biscuit a good choice

In a way, I agree with C903. Fletching contact with the rest is to be avoided at all cost. That' s been a truth of archery ever since arrow rests came along. The WB means total fletching contact and is a direct affront to that old truth. They do rob some speed off the arrow and, with so many people willing to spend hundreds of dollars on a bow that shoots a few fps faster than their old bow, that' s going against the grain too.

I don' t like the way you have to load an arrow into the things, at least in their original version, mainly because there' s no way in the world to load an arrow for a quick follow-up shot. Then it dawned on me that we' re talking compounds, generally shot with a mechanical release, and there won' t be a quick follow-up shot in any case.

Some friends I' ve shot with for a long time switched to WB' s. The rests are dead quiet. Their arrows shoot straight, and they shoot just as accurately with the WB as they did with any rest they' d used before. WB' s appeal to me because they are simple, basic rests without a lot that can go wrong. If I were to use one, it would be the new side loading model.

But I' m completely satisfied with the rests I use and have no plans at all to switch to the WB.