HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Crooked game wardens bewhere!!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 02:40 AM
mustad
Typical Buck

If you're convinced you are right and you have the evidence, I would say you're in a good spot.

If you want to ruffle some feathers here, this is what I would do:

1. Find out who is in charge.
2. Write a complaint letter to this person, openly informing them that you are also writing to the Fish and Wildlife department, SEPAQ, Quebec Outfitters, Inc and whatever outfitter you were using for your hunt.

Make sure you state that you believe what has transpired is corrupt and wrong. I would make sure you threaten to do everything in your power to inform U.S. hunters to the level of corruption that has been exemplified within the Surete du Quebec with regards to this situation.

You might want to contact a few hunting publications here in the U.S. and let them know what has transpired and that you would like to publish some "buyer beware" content for them. Make sure you include that this dialog has been initiated in the letter.

The only way you will get any response here is if you blow the situation up and see there the pieces fall. You could get burnt, but that's the risk you take. After everything is done, just remember the only thing these people want from you are your dollars... nothing more.

As far as the whole English/French issue; you have the right to be spoken to in English or French; regardless of where you are in Canada. The reality is that there is only one true bilingual province in Canada which is New Brunswick. Quebec is French... everything else is English.

I think your best bet would be to get this dealt with without going to court in QC. With the travel expenses and court costs, it will end up costing you more than the ticket in the first place... trust me, the Surete du Quebec is well aware of this and will play it to their advantage if they can.

Good luck...