HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - SPOT HOGG USERS
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 10:22 AM
BGfisher
Nontypical Buck

I feel diferently than most of these guys. I've had a mulitude of sights over the last 3 1/2 decades, both hunting and target sights. I have owned a Real Deal and a Hogg-It for the better part of five years and they are well built sights to sy the least, but personally I think adjustment of the pins is rather crude.

Loosen one set screw and tighten the other to change the tilt on the pin. It's all guess-by-golly. Gang adjustments is OK and they do stay put once tightened down, but adjusting each pin individually is a PITA as far as I'm concerned.

Probably the most precise pin sight I ever used or tried is the SureLoc Lethal Weapon. I tried the LW-1 on the only problem I had with that is that because it is closer to the bow I couldn't get the pins close enough. Bow as too fast.

The LW-2, being mounted on an extention bar was more favorable. Downside to these might be ruggedness for hunting. For 3D it is a superb sight.

There are lots of others as well, but for hunting setups I don't need precision adjustments. I just use an HHA slider set for 25 yards and leave it alone for hunting in the woods. I have the OL-5000 and this is by far one of the most rugged sights you'll ever find.