HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New in Box Savage 12, .223
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Big_Bullet
Spike

Default I'm impressed, but it won't work.

How many people could admit what you did and give up what ever is more to them in their heart than Jesus? Very few. I too used to think too highly of my guns too. Everything changed when I changed my schedule to add reading the Word of God every morning for an hour. I started reading it because I hardly ever did and then asked myself, what kind of Christian would hardly ever read the Word of God. I now go to bed an hour earlier than I used to, and set my alarm an hour earlier than I used to. I've done this for years now, but when I first started reading daily, I had no idea how much true change takes place in a man who reads the Word daily. I now love Jesus, the Word and my time reading it more than anything and everything. Don’t sell your gun. It won’t work. There is no need to get rid of something that means too much to you. Some of our wives mean more to us than Christ. Should we get rid of them? What you need to do is to make Jesus more to you than anything else by giving him the first hour of your day. The Word of God is sooooooooo powerful, that, if you will actually take my advice, and give your Lord an hour each morning, listening to what you read, from the Authorized King James Bible, and obeying what it says to do, your gun will mean much less to you. Nothing can compare to the Word of God. You will soon see how many hundreds of mentions there are in the Old and New Testament about our need for the Word of God. Your Master doesn’t mind if you own your gun and enjoy shooting it. Your motive is good, but if you give all of your possessions away, it won’t make you love Christ any more than you do now. You’ll just own less stuff. You cannot abide in Christ without abiding in His Word.
John 14
21He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
And…
23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
If you look in Psalm 119, the longest chapter in the Bible, you will notice that the Bible has many titles, and “Commandments” is one of those titles. Also that chapter is only about one subject… the Word of God. There could be no mistake that the Lord made the longest chapter in His Word, about the most important subject in His Word, and that would be, His Word. Also, it’s no accident that the Bible and Jesus share the same name. Both are called The Word of God, and both are called The Truth.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

“Quick” means living. The Word of God is alive. It’s so much more than a book. You will never discover this if you don’t give yourself to Christ by eating his Manna daily.

Keep the gun. Eat his Manna daily.