HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting from a tree stand vs. from ground...
Old 03-06-2010, 04:06 PM
huntrfishr
Fork Horn

[QUOTE=IL-Cornfed ;3588755]I beg to differ. I don't believe it's even remotely close!

I've done a fair amount of hunting from ground blinds and they are far more difficult to conceal and keep undetected from mature animals! You may be able to fool the younger and inexperienced animals but mature animals are VERY spooky when in close to ground blinds that aren't made ofnatural cover.

When serious pursuit of a mature animal is the goal... I would MUCH rather take to the trees at a height of 20 to 25 feet with plenty of cover to break my outline.[/QUOTE

Let's put it this way one buck I shot a few yrs. ago I couldn't get from a tree stand because he was always late coming out plus always changing his habits. Towards the end of the season I decided to follow his coming and goings and opted to ambush him on the ground, no blinds just standing corn for a cover. With proper wind and ambush site everything came together and I was rewarded with a 10 yard shot and a buck I wouldn't have had if I have not opted for the ground.