HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Remington model 700 & Factory ammo (7mm mag)
Old 03-01-2010, 08:27 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

after just recently starting to handload, im surprised you dont wanna hand load for it...

though i know you like to hunt with your bow and handguns and such and likely wont pick up the 7mag much...

dies, brass, a pound of powder, some brass, and a box of good bullets and your ready to go...you might not find a load that cuts serious holes with 1 powder and 1 bullet...but, you will most likely match factory ammo accuracy pretty easily...and likely exceed factory results if you tinker with charges a bit...

i just tested 7 different charges in my 35 whelen i just got...same powder..same bullet..out of that, i had 4 charges shot 1.5" or less and one was .75"...

and 7mag ammo aint cheap...not tryin to talk you into handloading..but if you already have the rest of the stuff, dies and components will last you forever and you'll save a ton...3 boxes of shells will run you over the cost of dies and components i bet...

factory ammo, my mauser really liked Hornady...and ive shot ALOT of different ammo through it..from cheap stuff to high end winchester, federal, hornady etc...