HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Does watching videos of other hunters killing deer bother you?
Old 02-18-2010, 12:43 PM
doetrain
Nontypical Buck

Smile Watching Others

I must admit I like to watch hoping I might really learn a trick or two for my next season. But I saw to guys crying after shooting some very large bucks which I may or may not ever get a shot at. I'm very into Deer hunting but crying because you shot a big Buck? I was pumped when I got my first Deer in my first season this year but the emotion of tears of joy seems a bit much. I'll wait and see if I cry when and if I ever get a once in a lifetime Buck down. I'll admit it if I do but it's hard to picture "tears over deers". If you take one in memory of a loved one who is no longer alive or able to hunt then I could see this emotion swelling up. So I mean no disrespect in such cases. I will admit I felt pitty for my Buck while watching him bleed out,I thought to myself"What have you done"? But I found some comfort in the fact that I hit him good and he died quickly. And sharing the meat with family and friends was a treat as well. They are beautiful creatures and I have great respect for thier abilities and stealth.