HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Does watching videos of other hunters killing deer bother you?
Old 02-18-2010, 09:15 AM
skb2706
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sniggle
I am kinda an animal lover, and I feel bad for the deer or other animals that get tagged in the hunting videos. I don't take any pleasure in killing any living thing if it is not bothering my, but I do not have problem dispatching mice in the basement or groundhogs in the pasture.

That being said, I have really enjoyed everything about these last 2 years of hunting (my first 2 years of hunting, started at 44). I really enjoy getting outside early in the morning, watching the land awake as I wait for a shot, the thrill of seeing deer around me, the thrill and adrenelin rush of releasing that shot, the good excercise I get dragging the deer out of the woods, even learning how to gut, skin and butcher the deer.

Maybe it is just the certainty of death that all hunting shows must portray...knowing that the fine buck that you are shown wondering in the brush is, most certainly, no doubt, going to be harvested.

It may also be that I am not nor will I ever be a trophy hunter...I can easily make peace with hunting because I really enjoy eating the deer I harvest, but I would never kill an animal just so I could stuff it or mount it (that is not to say that I am not very much looking forward taking my first mount-worthy buck:-)

Anyway, I am really looking forward to next hunting season, and I will watch some hunting shows, especially bow hunting shows over the next 6 months as I wait for the season, but not very many and often not the entire show.
Ok I get it...its ok to kill a ground hog or a mouse. Defintely you would not kill anything to stuff it or mount it. You realize how little sense that makes ? You eat groundhogs...mice?

I totally don't watch them at all. Since when did hunting become a spectator sport ? Watching someone else hunt wouldn't even wake me up from a nap. I don't take naps.

If it bothers you to see the kill maybe you should consider golf or tennis.