HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - is whisker biscuit a good choice
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2003, 06:55 PM
JOE PA
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: is whisker biscuit a good choice

On my primary bow, the Biscuit is grouping broadhead tipped arrows impressively out to 40 yards. I am shooting as well as I have with any other combination bow/rest that I have owned.

On one of my backup bows, I get very good broadhead flight with helical feathers, not as good with straight offset vanes. This remains after much tweaking and adjustment.

On another backup, the broadheads shoot well, but don' t group with my field points. That is not a major problem, but it would be nice. However, when I switched to a TM type rest, the bow shoots both together, with slightly better accuracy than the same bow with the Biscuit. (This bow has a Natural Series 15 degee offset grip, and it is hard for me to eliminate torque for some reason.)

My theory (and it is only that) is that the accuracy of the Biscuit depends on the amount of overdraw of the setup, which depends on the riser design. It also seems to vary depending on how torque-resistant the riser is. The Biscuit, and other total capture rests demand a very solid follow through for accuracy to be good. Of course, you are not going to shoot too well without a good follow through, even with a drop away.

All in all, it is an impressive hunting rest, especially if your form is great, and torque and follow through are not issues.