HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ladder Stands on Public Land
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 06:36 PM
homers brother
Nontypical Buck

Guys,

I can see where this is going already. We don't apparently have much respect for the property of others, and apparently feel we have some sort of personal jurisdiction or license to disturb or use someone's property without their permission.

If you have a problem with the said "offending" tree stand, take it up with your appropriate law enforcement agency. If it's legal to place it the way it has been, deal with the suck.

And for those of you who think it's so justifiable to use the stand, I'd be interested in how you'd respond to someone when you're discovered - who's probably not going to be very happy that you're using it? I'd be embarrassed beyond words. How many of you would argue with the owner that they were in the wrong by placing it on public land? And that your use is thereby justified?

It doesn't matter that your ATV is worth $8K and some poor schmuck's $100 is just pocket change ... to you? What kind of arrogance is that? The difference between a misdemeanor and a felony, possibly - but in both cases, nonetheless illegal.

Character is who you are when no one is watching.