HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - stop complainin...start hunting
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 10:51 AM
BTBowhunter
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Potterco
BT what you would take is a 12 week bow season and do away with the rifle season...admit it you've hinted your despise for orange clad gun toters often! fact is archers are still the minority butare the biggest whiners going!!! We want more more more

Not true at all. I also hunt with a rifle. The fact that I personally prefer a bow doesnt mean I "despise" gun hunters. I hunt the early muzzzy season, gun season and the flintlock season as well. I do sometimes carry my bow even in gun season but I hunt deer by all the legal means PA has to offer.

What I dont care for is the opening day slaughter that used to be PA's trademark. Our hunting is now a much better quality experience now that the demographics have changed and pressure is far lighter on that single day leaving the deer to be hunted more on their terms. Part of it is a few less hunters. Part of it is that hunters are spread all over the state instead of being concentrated in the northern tier. Part of it is that many hunters quit much earlier in the day either by choice or because they harvested a doe. All in all, it makes for a better quality hunt for those that choose to take advantage of it no matter what weapon they use.