HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is it me or are broadheads getting ridiculous?
Old 01-30-2010, 08:19 AM
MeanV2
Giant Nontypical

Just this year on my Mulie Buck I shot right on the shoulder blade. It was a close shot and one that had to be taken quickly. I basically shot instinctively. The Slick Trick busted the shoulder into fragments and got enough penetration to get the job done.

I am glad I was not pushing an expandable that was made out of aluminum or any other material for that matter.

I agree though generally a Bad shot is a Bad shot, and no one should ever depend on a bigger hole or tougher head to bail them out because most of the time it will result in disappointment.

Shoot what you have confidence in as confidence is a huge % of getting it done. If you are not satisfied with what you are shooting don't hesitate to switch. There are at least a half a dozen heads I could shoot with total confidence. We are lucky todays Broadheads as a general rule are very good quality. Getting great broadhead flight out of high speed bows is fairly easy to accomplish in this day and time with the quality heads available to Bowhunters.

Dan