HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Be Proud of What you Shoot
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 03:27 PM
davidmil
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Lanse couche couche
Unfortunately there are more than a few folks who don't agree with this, but they seem to get scarce when a thread like this pops up. I'm still shaking my head over the person who posted on this subject a couple years ago. He essentially said that folks who don't concentrate on big bucks lack any sort of ambition or goals in life. I feel the opposite is true because it is pretty sad when your whole sense of self-worth is linked to how big of a rack you can hang on the wall instead of simply enjoying the overall pursuit of deer whether it results in a year old doe or a state record.
God, help me. I agree with Lanse. I could go on for hours about food plots, bait, etc etera and all that stuff. It's easy to say you want the TROPHY if you live in a land of big bucks, low hunting pressure and all sorts of things. It's easy if you have the land, the genetics, and the money to plant hundreds of acres like Lee and Tiffany. I saw a show today, "Realtree" where David Blanton was hunting a new property. He had 75(according to him) racked bucks in front of him on his first hunt from a stand hung that day on an field. I challange David to hunt where I hunt for an entire season, hell, 2 seasons and see 75 racked bucks. He'd be totally pimped out to see a dozen if he hunted every day for 2 years.