HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is it me or are broadheads getting ridiculous?
Old 01-29-2010, 10:23 AM
BvrHunter
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Down&OutHunting
. But it just seems that perfect shot placement has somewhat taken a back seat to marginal shot placement because some people as hunters believe that since there broadhead makes a 2foot cut itll be ok.
I completely agree and even have good/bad example of this. A friend of mine who started bowhunting with me and my dad a few years back got the "RAGE" fever about a year ago. Thats allll he talks about is how bad @$$ they are( he's watched too many informertials). So just this past season we go out and I put him in a hot spot knowing for sure he should see something. Sure enough an hour after day light he txt's me saying he stuck a decent buck. When we went to look for the deer the arrow was about three or four yards away from where the deer turned and ran. There was about 6 inches of blood on the tip of the arrow. First thing came to my mind, Shoulder SHOT! I asked him if he saw where he hit the deer after they shot and said yeah right in the shoulder. He was so baffled that his "RAGE" did not drop the deer in his tracks, even fell out!! We track that deer for hundreds of yards will very little blood here and there and unfortunately never recovered him(was a small six). Me and Father have both shot NAP Thunderheads for all of 15 years and have no reason to change, my belief is, I'm tune in with them and as long as hit em where it counts thats what matters most and I have had great success.