HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is it me or are broadheads getting ridiculous?
Old 01-27-2010, 12:50 PM
Wheatley
Nontypical Buck

How do you prove that one head is better than the other? Each animal is different, angles, placements are all different and in my mind there is no way you can say that one is better than the other. I have had great luck with all four heads that I have ever used and I can't say one is better. I know the shorter profile I shoot now allows me to shoot field points and broadheads at the same impact points. The old muzzys I shot about 15 years ago I had to adjust my sights but that could have been a tuning problem. They were still a great head that killed many animals. I have used muzzy 3 blades,some other 4-blade 15 years agao, Magnus 4-blade stingers and now the wacem tritons. All have had great kills and only one ever broke a blade but I hit the spine and it is understandable. Deer didn't move after that. I think like most things now days it's all marketing and hype. Everyone is trying to keep up with there peers, friends so they have to have the latest and greatest. That's ok cause I can get some good deals on used stuff all the time.