HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Big & Tall Tree Climber
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 07:11 PM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Doe Dumper
I am 6'4 225 but with gear and heavy clothes probably closer to 260. I have been considering the Titan as well.
doe,180 max is the same stand as titan except the platform is longer.titan you cannot face tree.180 max weights 22 pds and titan 25.
i am 6/1 210.real skinny guy.but my feet come to the edge of the 180 MAX .i got the foot rest with mine and that makes it ok but without footrest,i would WANT MORE ROOM ON LENGTH.
facing tree and i got all kinds of room for my feet.

i think the TITAN would be better for someone who is 6/2 and over.if you have long legs, put a foot rest on titan and you will have real nice set up.
when i use the foot rest on my 180 max it still is not far enough out front to strech your legs.it should be about 6 inchs longer on rest for my legs.

my legs are 34 inch inseam on my pants.i like to face the tree.180 max is unreal on comfort facing tree.you can rest your gun on the rails to shoot,tree hides you.......

the 180 max can handle a heavy person i feel.its TALL hunter where the TITAN shines,those long legs.
until i turned my 180 MAX facing tree i was not 100% happy and wished i had got TITAN .butafter facing tree,oh my, 180 max is for me. i rate it a 9 for anyone r 6 ft 2 inchs and under.
both titan/180 max will haNDLE HEAVY CLOTHES,its long legs and big feet where the TITAN shines.

go to summit site.look at 180 MAX picture of a big kid sitting facing away from tree.look at his feet location.
now go to TITAN and look at location of that kids feet.
big diffference.

Last edited by sproulman; 01-24-2010 at 07:35 PM.