HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My new hunting spot
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 06:05 PM
mconwa951
Fork Horn

Default My new hunting spot

Well i recently stumbled across a chunk of 50 acers just on the edge of the Mpls and st paul metro area that hasn't been hunted ever as far as I can tell and there is no huntable land around for miles. I put out some trail cams and did a lil obsevation in the little 2 acre clearing one night we counted 57 deer of which 8 were antlered bucks. With the help of a coupld of huntng friends we have decided to clear 5 more acers as a destination food plot we were in this weekend and were using my skidloader to clear some atv trails when we hit a spot that was real soft. It has been real cold here in MN and everything is froze execpt this one spot only had about 2 inches of frozen mud on top. the right side of the skid loader droped in and there was nothing solid for 2 feet we ended up digging out all of the muck and using the bucket of the skid to push the track up and fill the hole with logs and pull using a come along 4 hrs of working by hand no way to get another machine to it.

anyway this will be an on going project next weekend we will have a dozer in to clear food plot areas. Ill keep posting pics and let you all see how it turns out iam excited I have never taken on a project this size or with this much potential.
Attached Images