HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - do we have to argue over brands???
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 08:46 AM
mountaineer magic

Seeing as how some of this started due to me making an acronym as a joke , though i think the roots that cause such defensiveness probably run much deeper. Let me also share my opinion. I have 2 CVA's. After I bought my kodiak pro I was not happy. It turned out to be a real lemon. I tried 4 times to get satisfactory customer service and felt that I was not treated fairly and actually treated like an embicel. So I was soured on CVA as a company. I have muzzleloaders from CVA,Knight,T/C,Remington,Traditions,Pedersoli and Lyman. I have 30 years experience shooting and messing around with them. I have come to prefer T'C or Knight. Well after all the CVA debates I felt I would give CVA another chance. I bought a Camo thumbhole stock accura. in 45 cal. On CVA's website it has a comparison between the accura and the triumph, as well as the kodiak pro and the omega. I own all 4 so I did my own comparison. I feel that T/C is a better gun, which it should be for the money. The accura is Ok but doesn't compare to the Triumph,( my opinion of course) at least not in the way they make it seem on their website. Anybody can shoot whatever they prefer. Opinions are just that, opinions. We should be able to give ours without being personally attacked. If someone says T/C is a piece of crap, that is their opinion. That shouldn't give cause to call that person an idiot. If someone doesn't like CVA that should be fine also, they are entitled to their opinion whether it is based on experience or just hearsay. Saying something about a product is different than saying something about a fellow forum member. Bragging about a certain product or putting down a certain product I can handle without a problem, but constantly pushing a product bothers me. So I guess we each have our areas that get to us. I like Barnes,777,blackhorn etc,etc,. I don't like APP,powerbelts ,etc etc. That's based on my years of trying them out and a lot of factors that might not be a factor for anyone else. Bottom line is that we should be able to disagree or share our personal opinions without it being a reason to choose sides and turn it into a character assasination. . I will stop here so the post doesn't turn into a book. I will respond to any comments or you can pm me if you would prefer not to make your response public. Breechplug, I like you even if you shoot a CVA Every once in a while i take a jab at a certain brand, don't take it personal. Although sometimes it's tempting to get MD on his high horse