HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - North Park Hunter Fined
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 06:07 AM
BTBowhunter
Giant Nontypical

I have two friends that belong to this organization and hunt in Boyce Park. I think the only "fees" involved are for the background checks etc. It's not that hard to get in. You basically have to pass a background check and be able to hit a deers vitals consistently at 20 yards. Last I heard you also had to document a few deer kills with a bow (photos)

I was asked to join but declined for only one reason. They expect their hunters to hunt their spots regularly and to produce! I am already involved in one suburban control program and felt it would have spread me too thin.

This organization has managed to present hunters in a very positive light and get bowhunting into places where it serves both the hunters and the community very well . They did it in spite of fierce resistance from the animal rights crowd.

This clown either couldnt qualify or didnt want to play by the rules and the judge who let him off didnt do his job.

The county, as the landowner, has the right to regulate who does what on the property. Yes it's public property but just like with ATV's, alcohol, boats, bicycles, fishing, they have the right to regulate who uses the property and how. Until these guys came along, nobody was allowed to hunt these places.