HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What PA needs ....................
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 01:39 PM
DougE
Nontypical Buck

Sorry fellas but you're missing the point,DCNR wanted a rifle season on state forests from Sept through january,Did they get it?Nope.They wanted baiting allowed.Did they get it?Nope.Currently baiting is only allowed on PRIVATE LAND in one SRA.They wanted unlimited tags and the ability for people to mow down as many deer as they had tags for without tagging the first.Did they get that?Nope.They wanted people to hand over their tags if they didn't use them.Did they get that?Nope.that's a far cry from the mentored youth program.They wanted people to be able to kill as many deer as they wanted as long as they had buddies to tag them.Did they get that?Nope.I fail to see how DCNR caved.

DMAP was designed so private landowners could better manage their property.It's absurd to think that any private landowner should be forced to let just anyone on their property.That's simply insane.Sorry but nobody should be forced to suffer financially from deer damage of any type because hunters want more easy targets.

I don't know Merlin Benner.I've never met him or talked to him.I do know that DCNR has several biologists.Why is that a bad thing?Do they have a special bear season,aspecial turkey season?They want the ability to control deer numbers to achieve the goals they have set.I'm not crazy about their goals but undertsnad that I'm only part of the 8% of citizens that hunt.The fact that I have hundreds of thousands of acres to use for free and for many other uses is unreal.A larger deer herd and better deer habitat would be nice but it's still good hunting by my standards.