HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What PA needs ....................
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 08:25 AM
bowhunter2117
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by DougE
I gotta disagree with you tess.Gamelands should be managed for game(not just deer) and they are.No private landowner should have to put up with any animal costing them income.There's no reason that anyone should bear a financial loss to fund someone else's hobby.As a hunter,I'M NOT CRAZY ABOUT dcnr'S MISSION but I understand that what we want as hunters effects the other 92% of residents that don't hunt.The PHGC did not cave into DCNR.They wanted a whole lot more than they actually got.I was involved with setting up a dmap plan for several years.If you want more than 1 tag for every 50 acres of forested land,you do have to show a deer management plan and proof of why you need more dmap coupons.DMAP is one of the best things the PGC has come up with.
I stated all landowners state and private should be responsible to show proof of deer damage and a true need for dmap coupons ill also include presenting a valid reason that their goals can’t be met through the regular anterless allocation. Proof of damage is a far cry from a management plan. Please explain to me what a management plan consists of? And what the qualifications are needed to draw up a plan? there are none any land owner can sit down and in 20 minutes draw up some half baked plan.

please Doug show me where the pgc is responsible to ensure a higher profit margin for any section of land, the game commission is there to manage the game within this state for the benefit of the states citizens they are not there to maximize profit

Last edited by bowhunter2117; 01-07-2010 at 08:27 AM.