HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What PA needs ....................
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 06:56 AM
Cornelius08
Banned

".As a hunter,I'M NOT CRAZY ABOUT dcnr'S MISSION but I understand that what we want as hunters effects the other 92% of residents that don't hunt."
There we go with the perpetuating of anti/enviromentalist extreme sentiment/statement again! Cant you guys make a legit argument without reverting to the "we are only 8% why does anyone listen to us" speech? I can show that statement as having been made for years on antihunting message boards and enviro-flake sites, like audubon....Why on earth is it necessary here??? Especially when it is hardly meaningful in any way towards the topic.

Also, please don't pretend that those few who pushed for less deer speak for 92% of the residents! 92% of the residents werent polled. 92% of the residents didnt ask for this extreme deer program, and a helluva lot more than 8% support us as hunters in our positions. I guess none of us 8% have dozens of friends and family members who do not mind if the friggin deer herd is increased a reasonable amount? I guess everyone not including that ton of people oppose us doing so? C'mon doug. Give me a break. Thats ridiculous.

"The PHGC did not cave into DCNR."
Sure they did. The pressures applied are well documented and we all, including you, have seen the proof as its been posted umpteen times on a few boards.

"They wanted a whole lot more than they actually got."
And thats proof? Hardly. Though Id agree currently that not much pressure is necessary when ecoextremists are currently onboard at pgc, so no, i dont completely blame dcnr.