HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What PA needs ....................
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 06:22 AM
DougE
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bowhunter2117
This is where the PGC made a drastic mistake if they would have held their ground and not caved in, if they would have approached hunters through their web page and the media and made the average Joe aware of what was going on I think you would have seen a ground swell of support for a license increase or a call for a game lands stamp, a mandatory 5$ stamp where all money obtained would have been used only for game lands purchases then hunters would have respected the commission. Even now as Doug so often points out the PGC is a lame duck by forfitting their obligation to DCNR. Personally I feel if such a gesture were made today it would go a long way to restoring creditability between the agency and the only group supporting them PA hunters. It would show hunters that the agency is looking for ways to get out from under big brothertHEY DCNR and his profit driven motives and terror tactics and retake their obligation to the hunters of this state and the deer. I’m not saying the habitat is not important but deer management on any state grounds should never be profit driven. Even on private ground before dmap tags are issued proof of their need should be addressed. It’s not the game commission’s job to maximize a private land owners timber profits and place those profits above the animals they are sworn to oversee
I gotta disagree with you tess.Gamelands should be managed for game(not just deer) and they are.No private landowner should have to put up with any animal costing them income.There's no reason that anyone should bear a financial loss to fund someone else's hobby.As a hunter,I'M NOT CRAZY ABOUT dcnr'S MISSION but I understand that what we want as hunters effects the other 92% of residents that don't hunt.The PHGC did not cave into DCNR.They wanted a whole lot more than they actually got.I was involved with setting up a dmap plan for several years.If you want more than 1 tag for every 50 acres of forested land,you do have to show a deer management plan and proof of why you need more dmap coupons.DMAP is one of the best things the PGC has come up with.