HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whats d stupidest thing u dun while deer huntin?
Old 01-05-2010, 06:11 PM
MichaelH
Fork Horn

Last year I shot at a deer with my one shotgun with a smooth bore slug barrel which I usually don't use only I accidently had grabbed some sabots and completely missed at around 40yds.

Now for the crappy one. This year I was in route to my stand and my stomach wasn't feeling too good. Stopped to take a crap on a hill side. I got the hard part out of the way in making sure my bibs weren't in the way. As I went to wipe, I forgot I was on a steep hill facing downhill and the back of my hand and my thermal shirt with the thumbholes went right into the pile! I just sat there staring at the mess trying to figure out how I was going to get down to the creek, dragging my bibs, since I couldn't put them back on yet!

Trying my best to de-scent a few years ago, I managed to leave my jacket at home which was sitting in a different bag. Refused to go back for it and sit in the tree freezing to help solidify that I would never make that mistake again!