HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do you reload and do you think it's worth it?
Old 01-05-2010, 02:20 PM
vabyrd
Banned

Originally Posted by driftrider
I bet he's one of those guys that stands off by himself at his "matches" and "practices" the whole course of fire without ever actually drawing his pistol. Air guitar meets handgun. Loading 10K rounds (yeah, right), on a high end progressive press could be done by a trained monkey with an electrode crammed up his crack for motivation. What I, and may like me, do with rifle cartridges is practically an art form. I don't produce 1000 mediocre rounds of ammo per session.

You know what else strikes me as funny about vabyrd. He's always the first to criticize a guy who wants to buy an AR, to blast some ammo downrange, or God forbid, wants to hunt with one. But then we find out that he's a "competition" pistol shooter, and probably has a $2-3K dedicated race gun or three in wiz-bang 38 Super just to blast 1000's of rounds away at steel plates. Am I the only one that finds that just a bit hypocritical and stupid?

Mike
And now for you.....

Go to Dillon Precision and see what real presses are all about. Then go to Brian Enos' website and do a little search about what kind of volumes of shooting IPSC guys go through. I'm sure Mike Dillon would give you a lesson on what kind of mediocre ammo his presses produce.

And no, I'm not a big fan of AR's. Do I have to be? Yes, I have owned one, yes I shot plenty of rounds through it. Yes, I traded it to a gunsmith to rebuilt a top end on a race gun. No, I don't miss it. Yes, I believe that there are too many young wrongly influenced kids that want to hunt with these things because of how they are glorified in video games and movies. Yes, I've seen them first hand. No, I don't care that I disagree with some issues involving guns. Yes, Im allowed to...

Just so you'll know, it's the amendment just before #2 that I believe in also. You can save the divided we fall speech....

And it was 30,000 rounds, by the way....Peanuts compared to many.