HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Learning about hunting in IL
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 10:18 AM
solocamcan
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dek
ok i've done some more reading, i'm thinking about going to silver springs in yorkville to hunt rabbits in a couple of weeks.

i have a few more questions. This link...

http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/landmgt...R2hfs/slsp.htm

says Pheasant, Quail, Rabbit - Non Permit jan 9-10 and jan 13-15

Pheasant, Quail, Rabbit - Non Permit - REGISTER: 8 AM - 8:30 AM. Shot size: lead #5 or smaller, steel #3 or smaller. Blaze orange cap, upper garment & IDNR patch required along with an IDNR patch. Archers must use flu-flu arrows only. Bag limit: Two pheasants of either sex. Pheasants must possess an IDNR tag before removing from area. Statewide bag limits apply for quail & rabbit. Hunters required to hunt in assigned area for first hour.

my questions are, what does non-permit mean? I'm assuming it means that I need only a FOID card and a hunting license. I know about the shot sizes, and the blaze orange. I don't know what an IDNR patch is, does that just mean that it's an IDNR approved garment?
You have to apply for a site permit before season I believe, IF you dont have a permit they will conduct a draw (lottery) for those without the permitt between 8-8:30. IDNR patch? Maybe just register at the park in question? There should be a phone number in the digest, I'd just call and ask. You may not get your FOID in time this year anyways, usually takes 6-8 weeks.