HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting from the ground with no blind!!
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 05:51 PM
bloodcrick
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by GMMAT
Right there with ya, Dink. I started doing this about mid-way through my '09 season. I'm gonna take one that way.....or I'm not gonna take one. I'm fine with that.

I've hunted deer off the ground with a stickbow (using a standing tree and a root ball for cover) and "almost" got a shot. I've hunted using other natural cover, as well.....with nothing to show for it............................................YET.

That's an ongoing goal of mine, though. And I'll continue to mix in ground hunts with my tree jaunts. I hope to make it happen in 2010, also. I can also see an entire season of ground hunting in my future..........no blind.

I've yet to equal the excitement of being 14yds from a whitetail with nothing between me and her.....on her level.
Jeff I can tell ya the key that has really hepled me in natural ground blinds for turks is having barriers on two sides of my blind that allows me to draw when quarry is behind them, and then wait for them to step into shooting lane. One of my blinds is a root ball crater hole (like you mentioned) Im blessed to have ALOT of small pines where I hunt that I use for my barriers. They make great back drop to to get shaded in. Good luck, I expect pics this spring