HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - new to trapping hogs...help!
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 02:19 PM
halfbakedi420
Nontypical Buck

i kill 200 pigs a year in the trap, they will fill up again the same day.

we have trapping sequences on the trail cam...they just keep goin in even though one of the cams is a flash cam.

if you are not gonna kill the in the trap, i'd like to see the video of yall gettin the pigs outta the trap alive. usually the 200 lb hogs and up are usually like pissed off steroid-ed out rottweilers and can jump about 3-4 feet high in the air at 20 mph or more.

i know some folks that shot their buddy!!! shootin hogs in a trap, the bullet did a complete 180 off the cage and hit the 3rd guy behind the shooter.(just a 1 inch gape in his hand..he lived)

for bait..think catfish..the smellyier the better...5 gallon bucket of corn..4 packs berry kool aid...2 forty oz malt liquer , put the lid on..when ya open it and start gaggin its ready..stirr once a week or so til ready.

just dump a 55 gallon barrel of corn on the ground..they will show up one day and not leave til its gone(experience)...then befor its gone go sneak your trap in..

i am weary of the traps havin hog panel bottoms...in east texas they just wont go in em.trap shy?