HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Badlands Packs-Who has had Zipper tab/other failures?
Old 12-26-2009, 07:40 AM
hardcorehunter
Banned

Default Badlands Packs-Who has had Zipper tab/other failures?

I have. I had two break in the same day on my 2200 I bought new last year, have only used a few times, and I didn't abuse the zippers. All I did was use them; the tabs are JUNK imo. I fixed the problem and installed parachute cord on each failed zipper as my zipper handle, as I didn't want to spend the approx $20 each way for shipping, that Badlands requires to honor their warranty. I also had a plastic buckle break. I also had some stitching tear away on the black, rubbery material near top of pack. I resewed it myself. Very comfortable pack...but they do fail..unless mine was made on a Friday right before closing time I am happy with the comfort/functionality of the pack, I use it very little, except for winter hunts carrying a DB blind, Lil Buddy heater, and chair.
Just curious if there are others of you with Badland Pack issues? On a side note; my Horn Hunter pack is WAY tougher and has had some hard use/abuse this year, carrying stands and gear, with no failures.