HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ILL has gone downhill
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 07:12 AM
ryanhill
Fork Horn

i yeah outfitters are choking us out in west central il. . its just so easy to become an outfitter just get you 300 acres and run 5 to ten guys a week the whole season . its pretty easy money . guys dont realize that the hunts they c on tv is not the ground they will be hunting if they book a hunt with the same outfitter . they set these farms for tv and movie personality to the side and the people that save all year to hunt get the ground that has bn hunted every day for the the whole season . i use to guide for a major outfitter in the area and was made to lie to my hunters and get there hopes up when i knew it was guna be a hard hunt just due to the fact i had three hunters a week on the same property every day for the last 2 months . this is why i quit guiding . guided hunt can be a very shady business . so if you book a hunt be carefull . plus i got the largest outfitter n our area on film dropping a guy off to try and stalk a beded buck that wasnt even close to there property line . and they have started leasing ground and not paying for it at the end of the year . this has bn a problem the last couple of years . im not sayin that all the outfitters are like this but if your guna book a hunt make shure you do plenty of home work . dont just go by the hunts u c on tv , cause you pry arent guna b hunting were the personality guys and gals hunt