HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - HOW...do we get the changes we need in PA?
Old 12-17-2009, 07:32 AM
Screamin Steel
Typical Buck

Default HOW...do we get the changes we need in PA?

It's pretty much majority agreement that the changes need to come. It's also common agreement on what those changes are/ need to be. Next step, and most difficult is what to do about it, which course of action to pursue. Harassing our state legislators has worked only as far as denying the license increase...effectively stemming the tide...but for how long? Eventually this audit (and we all know how it wil end) will come to an end, the PGC will be praised for their groundbreaking, pioneer style deer management, and we will get hosed again in favor of ecoweenies and birdwatchers. I want some serious, opinions/ input here as to what steps need to be taken from here to see real change. I personally feel that change will only come when we can elect a conservative, grassroots, pro-hunting governor, to begin replacing these wolves of commissioners we have. A governor that isn't afraid to give the bird to the eco extremist lobby. Then we will stand a chance. USP tried to unite the hunters, but ended up being too over the top, and wound up looking like a bunch of fruit cake conspiracy theorists, that most hunters don't want to associate with, even though they share the same concerns. Another sprtsman's group...perhaps a more respected one COULD step up here and lead the charge..maybe the PFSC or UBP who was betrayed by the PGC on the xbow issue could return the knife in the back the PGC gave them. Just my thoughts, but right now we are only buying time and little else.