HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Very inaccessible spot?
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 05:29 PM
bigwhitetailbuck
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by nwtrykon87
i hunt a similar style property. i had to go in with hedge clippers and clip my way through the briars and prickers to get to my spot. went in early season to do so.. marchish is usually my go to time to make my paths. gives me a long time to let it sit before hunting it in october. as for deer recovery i am lucky enoguh to have a large stream that flows down to a road about a mile or so away.. i just bring my waders and float them all the way down. or you get a TON of friends to help you drag that bad boy home.. friends dont complain when theres antlers involved. lol.. but seriously if its a tuff haul out like mine is.. i limit these spots to shooter buck only.. cause shooting a doe for a 4 hour haul through the gates of hell isnt worth it to me
Through the gates of hell.. LOL! But I see what you are saying, and I will definetly limit myself to a decent sized buck. This year, I didn't see a single buck on the property, but a crap load of does, and I am pretty sure this is were they are hanging out. I saw 2 big boys last year probably went 130s plus.