HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - High Fence Hunt....First Time Ever Hunted in 7 Years!!
Old 12-16-2009, 03:03 PM
diamondrack
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ekl
If you have never been on a high fence hunt do not knock them. I raise whitetail deer and sell to preserves and have also hunted on preserves. Oh and one other thing all those shows you watch on saturday and sunday with the 170" to 200" deer just walking around at every opening just sit back and think about how many deer you see that big in the wild. i bet if you look real hard you will see a fence line somewhere in the back round. I know people are jump all over this but its my opinion
I believe that everyone has their own feels/opinion on hunting--but in my opinion I would never be able to be proud of something that i kill that is not free-ranging.. It just doesn't seem like a fair hunt to me-2-mile square or not they are still in a cage.. I know your high fence junkies are going to say things like your just jealous or its experience of a lifetime so don't knock it.. I just totally disagree and feel that as a very avid hunter you should go out and earn your buck and or animal.. No disrespect to your operation because I give you credit for being involved in the outdoors and trying to do what you gotta do..