HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I think "bow only" is in my future.
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 03:00 PM
DeerandbearhoG
Nontypical Buck

Default I think "bow only" is in my future.

1st let me say, I love all types of hunting, especially deer hunting. I also love all the nifty tools we have available to kill them with, and I do not enjoy, or take pride in any type more than another. That said, I am increasingly finding it harder to find good places to rifle or ML hunt anymore. Sure I live adjacent to thousands of acres of public rifle hunting land, and I also belong to a club that owns another 30 thousand acres of private land to gun hunt. However in all honesty, for the time and $$$ I spend on hunting , when I go in the woods I wanna at least see deer. All the places Ive gun hunted, I just dont see much. However, there are tons of great suburban bowhunting opportunities all over the place around here, and every time i get into one of these little gems, i see and very often kill deer. All of my good bucks have come from these little "bow only" spots. Every year I kill several deer in these places and every year there seems to be more than the year before. All the big tracts of woods seem to have less and less than they use to, so as much as I love my remington 700 and my ML, I dont think Ill be spending much time or money on hunting rifles anymore, and Ill be focusing more on achery equipment and treestands in the future.

Anyone else going more towards the bow only burbs aswell?