HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Food plots for next year?
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 03:01 PM
halfbakedi420
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Soilman
I am planning to use a fence similar to this one http://www.purplehull.com/Deer.htm but with a taller non-electric inner fence this year. I can't vouch for this working, but I think it has potential.

the deer can still jump in....they wont even touch that electric wire lol..and if they do they will never come back lol jmo.my dog only wore his collar fer 2 hours, he has never crossed that barrier again...i sold it to my bff as brand new lol ..he knows the story, and he sold it to his neighbor as brand new...the animals seem to pick up fast with that electric shock jmo ..i agree it will keep the cows out..

i was reading that if the deer nip the bud of a bean plant, it will not grow back or even grow a bean...so i am tryin to come up with a way to let the plants start with-out being nipped too soon.all i can think of is if it had a net over it..ie the chicken wire...and if it was raised 4" or so off the ground...and if the deer eat everything up before bow or rifle season..you can take the chicken wire off and lay it along side and have a few nice patches of heavy stuff.watcha think?