HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - another ho hum season here in upstate NY
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Steve863
Nontypical Buck

It would be troubling to know that the nuisance permits are the cause of lower deer numbers. Why wouldn't the state give out more doe permits to in season hunters instead of giving permits to guys who just want to blast away? It would be interesting to know exactly how many such permits are given out. I've heard others complain about this also. Surely it would have a major impact on deer numbers if they are giving out such permits without any real thought or keeping close tabs of how many any individual region is issued. I doubt we will ever be told the truth if anyone even knows the whole truth. I think in general the state of NY prefers to have a smaller herd of deer than a larger one basically because of deer/car collisions and insurance liability. Money talks in this world and I am sure insurance companies can bribe politicians and those who make decisions quite well. The state officials surely will listen to those who can grease their palms with a good deal of money way before they will any one of us hunters who might not be happy about seeing as many deer as before.